A Keto French toast is a dish made of sliced bread soaked in eggs, and typically milk and then pan-fried. Keto French toast is rich, and fortified with protein, iron, calcium, and fiber offering all the basic nutritional requirements. A keto French toast is a healthy nutritious breakfast choice, and a good way to get the day started.
It is very easy to prepare and it is not time-consuming. Depending on the choice of ingredients, different simple methods can be employed in the preparation of a keto French toast. This article seeks to outline the diverse basic steps that can be followed when preparing a keto French toast and other keto breakfast ideas that can be tried at home. So, if you’re ready to prepare some mouth-water keto french toast, grab a cup of coffee and let’s dive right into it:
First Keto French Toast Step:
One of the simplest procedures in making Keto French toast is outlined below. To follow this procedure, these are the needed ingredients.
Keto French Toast Ingredients
- Ghee butter
- Almond milk
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Optional stevia
This procedure is one of the very simple and basic one out there. Outlined below are the simple steps to follow:
1. Take two tablespoons of the Ghee butter, heat over a gentle fire to get it melted.
2. Measure two tablespoons of 60 milliliters of the almond milk into a bowl
3. Add about 1/4 of a teaspoon of the stevia.
4. Pour the melted butter into the bowl.
5. Add two teaspoons of coconut flour which is approximately 28 grams to the mixture.
6. Add an egg to the mixture in the bowl
7. Pour about 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon into it.
8. Gently measure and add 1/2 teaspoon of the baking powder into the bowl.
9. Whisk and mix the mixture to get it hard.
10. Microwave the hardened mixture for about 90 seconds.
11. To coat the French toast pour two tablespoons of the almond milk in a bowl and then add one egg, melt one teaspoon of the Ghee butter, pour the melted butter into the coating mixture. Whisk the mixture to obtain a fine solution.
12. Dip the microwaved hardened French toast into the coating solution.
13. Once the hardened mixture is immersed in the coating solution, remove and cook it in a hot pan.
14. Finally, the French toast is ready and can be served.
This procedure is very easy and can be completed within a few minutes. It is therefore a good choice to consider.
SECOND STEP IN MAKING A KETO FRENCH TOAST:
Keto French toast as it has already been established is a deliciously healthy way to start your day. This is an alternative equally simple method that can be used when making a keto French toast. These are the ingredients required;
- Redmon real salt
- Whipping cream
- Maple Syrup (Erythritol can be used alternatively)
- Vanilla Extract
- Bread (zero net carbohydrate)
Follow these basic steps in the preparation process.
1. Break two eggs into a bowl, sprinkle a little Redmond’s real salt on it.
2. Add Kirkland cinnamon to the mixture.
3. Add some amount of whipping cream.
4. Mix everything.
5. Add butter to the mixture, it enhances flavoring.
6. Add vanilla extract to the mixture and mix everything.
7. Poke holes in the sliced bread with a fork for easy saturation of the coating solution.
8. Put 1 tablespoon butter into a skillet, heat over a gentle fire, so it melts.
9. Dip the sliced bread in the mixture to get it well saturated.
10. Remove the bread from the mixture and fry in the pan.
11. The Keto French toast is ready to be served.
12. Pour syrup on the Keto French toast for extra taste.
Keto French Toast Vs French Toast:
It should be noted that the keto French toast tastes just the regular French toast but unlike the regular French toast, it has relatively low carbohydrate and only 237 calories. It is therefore perfect for lazy weekend mornings. A typical French toast contains 450 calories, 18 grams of fat, and 35 grams of sugar. Besides that, keto french toast, gives us other benefits as well.
The following are some health benefits of eating keto French toast compared to a normal French Toast:
1. Supports weight loss; Ingredients like eggs, coconut flour, and butter will keep your macronutrient ratio heavy on the fat side ( a very good thing ). But almonds may add a boost to weight loss efforts.
2. Promotes eye health; eggs are particularly abundant in the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. There two phytonutrients act as antioxidants and can be found fighting off oxidation in the retina of the eyes.
Other Keto Breakfast Ideas:
Other ketogenic breakfast ideas are equally healthy and get you going. Below are some of these breakfast options.
When it comes to nourishing foods, Keto recipes always rise to the occasion by providing gluten-free, low carbohydrate and packed with flavor. Keto porridge is one of such recipes, easy to prepare, and undoubtedly healthy. To prepare a keto porridge, these are the ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- cup of thickened cream
- 1 scoop of low carbohydrate Vanilla protein
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of ham parts (rich in omega 3 and 6)
- 1 tablespoon of golden flaxseed meal
- 1 sachet of navya or Stevia (whichever is preferable)
- cup of frozen blueberries
1. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan on a low moderated heat.
2. Keeping stirring the mixture
3. Add a cup of frozen blueberries to the mixture for extra taste
4. Pour your keto porridge into a bowl and enjoy it.
Divide the porridge into two to three servings in order not to eat a lot of calories per serving.
2.KETO CINNAMON ROLL FRENCH TOAST
Another good breakfast or brunch option is keto cinnamon roll French toast. This tasty nutritious recipe is a must-try. Try it at home for all the health benefits
These are the required ingredients:
- cup of butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 9 eggs
- cups of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 perfect crumbled Keto Cinnamon Roll bars
- cup of almond milk
- Dash of cinnamon
This is the outlined steps to follow in preparing keto cinnamon roll French toast
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a loaf pan or baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Mix the eggs in the medium bowl for 2 minutes.
4. Add the almond flour, melted coconut oil, xanthan gum, and melted butter to the egg mixture. Keep mixing to obtain a good mixture.
5. Scrape the mixture into the loaf pan.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes.
7. Whisk 2 eggs,1/2 cup of almond milk and dash of cinnamon in a small bowl and dip each slice into the wash, flipping to fully cover.
8. Fry the French toast in a skillet over medium.
9. The keto cinnamon rolls French toast is ready to be served.
This is the perfect breakfast for the Sunday morning sweet tooth. It is a delicious nutritious breakfast option. Unlike other fried eggs methods, this offers a simple yet wholesome meal.
To prepare fried eggs, these are the basic ingredients needed;
- I teaspoon of grass-fed butter
- 2 strips of bacon
- Kale leaves
- 2 packs of Choy leaves
- 30g of pecans
- Spinach leaves
Follow these basic steps in preparing fried eggs.
1. Put a pan on medium heat and add a teaspoon of grass-fed butter and 2 strips of bacon.
2. Cut some green leafy, first cut the spine out and massage it with a little bit of salt and oil if preferred, chop two packs of Choy leaves.
3. Pour the chopped leaves into the pan and add a really large handful of baby spinach leaves.
4. Add a handful of pecans for extra fat. (suitable for persons with fat needs)
5. Fry two eggs separately in a different pan.
6. Place the fried egg on the prepared vegetables and that’s a very yummy breakfast.
Keto cupcakes offer all the nutritional breakfast needs in one quick and savory cupcake, to prepare keto cupcakes, these are the ingredients;
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of chia seed
- cup almond meal
- teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- cup grass-fed butter
- cup of thickened cream
- 3 eggs
- 5-10 drops of liquid sweetener ( stevia)
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from I lemon
- Juice from 1.5 lemons
Follow these basic steps to prepare keto cupcakes. The result is stimulating and leaves the tongues hanging.
1. Slice two lemons into half each
2. Put 1 cup of coconut flour and a tablespoon of chia seeds. And then add ¼ a cup of almond meal, � a teaspoon of baking powder, two tablespoons poppy seeds, and stir all the ingredients together evenly.
3. Take a second bowl and add melted ¼ of grass-fed butter, a cup of thickened cream and 3 eggs. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
You can ice the mixture with cream for extra taste and fats( for persons who wish to have extra fats in the meals or have fat needs ).
4. Add the liquid mixture to the bowl containing the other ingredients and add 7 drops of liquid sweetener, 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
5. Grate zest of the sliced lemon into it.
6. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture.
7. Put the patty papers in the pan and fill leaving room for rising.
8. Bake at about 180 degrees Celsius for 15 -18 minutes until cooked.
9. Allow the muffins to cool for 1o minutes before eating.
10. Keto cupcakes are ready to serve and enjoyed.
This breakfast option is for those who wish to completely skip sitting and having breakfast and hence want something that they can grab as they head out of the door. This breakfast is one of the best options if the intention is to have a complete course breakfast later in the day. It serves as a starter, something to keep the body active and running during busy mornings. This breakfast option is prepared in the evening and left in the freezer overnight. This is why it can be termed as a grab and go breakfast since it needs no warming in the morning. Its preparation also requires basic ingredients and methodology.
To prepare macadamia bars, these are the ingredients needed;
- 100g of macadamias
- Himalayan salt
- cup of cashew butter
- 14; cup of coconut oil
- 6-8 drops of liquid sweetener
- I tablespoon vanilla extract
Follow these basic steps when preparing macadamia bars:
1. Take a 100 grams of macadamia nuts and put into a food processor and blend them adding Himalayan salt, 1/2 a cup of cashew butter and a cup of coconut oil, also add one cup of shredded coconut and six to eight drops of a liquid sweetener and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
2. Microwave for about 30 seconds so the coconut oil and the cashew butter melts
3. Press the mixture down into a lined tray.
4. Put the tray into a freezer overnight.
5. Serve the next day; it can be stored in a fridge or a freezer.
These are different keto breakfast ideas that can be tried at home, all these breakfast options offer all nutritional requirements in their right proportions, and can be an alternative dietary plan for all dietary needs. Hope this article has served its primitive purpose of providing different keto French toast preparation methods and other keto breakfast ideas.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to hit the thumbs up button, and also leave a comment below if you have any concerns, questions or contributions with regards to the contents of this article. Don’t forget to also share this with other keto French toast lovers.