Mitomix is an awesome blend of seeds fiber filled with antioxidants. You will sure to enjoy it as a snack, or a great, healthy addition to your meals.
What are Dr. Mercola’s Organic Mitomix Seed Blend ingredients?
- Flax Seeds – The richest dietary source of lignan precursors (plant compounds that act as antioxidants) and contain abundant amounts of the plant-based omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Whole Husk Psyllium – With a plentiful supply of soluble fiber, it acts as a prebiotic to help nourish your beneficial gut bacteria, supporting digestion, the absorption of nutrients, and immune function
- Hulled Hemp Seeds – A rich source of Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), important building blocks for your body, plus plentiful fiber to help you feel more satisfied after a meal, and an ideal omega-3 to omega-6 fat balance
- Chia Seeds – Contains 35 percent fiber, plus the second-highest concentration of ALA to help build your cells’ mitochondrial membranes
- Black Sesame Seeds – Have the highest oil content of any seed, plentiful lignans, and a great source of magnesium
- Black Cumin Seeds – Contains thymoquinone, a powerful antioxidant that penetrates cell membranes and accumulates in the mitochondria to scavenge destructive reactive oxygen species (ROS) and free radicals
6 great health benefits of Dr. Mercola’s Mitomix Seed Blend
We all have that one product which adds a
little extra something to our favorite recipes.
Admittedly, I have quite a few, but Dr. Mercola’s Mitomix Seed Blend is something I always end up coming back to.
Not only does it add a little kick to my
cooking, but it is also specifically designed to complement a ketogenic diet
and has a tonne of health benefits.
Here are just a few of the awesome things about Mitomix!
It’s great for the gut
Many people -paleo or not- struggle to reach their recommended 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day which wreaks havoc on the digestive system. The mitomix blend contains whole husk psyllium and chia seeds which both promote regularity and overall gut health to keep everything moving exactly how it should!
Whole husk seed also acts as a prebiotic which
helps your body in the absorption of nutrients and immune function.
It’s rich in antioxidants
Antioxidants play an essential part in protecting our bodies from attack by free radicals. Not only can they boost immunity, but they’re also known to lessen the risk of developing diseases and can even slow down the aging process. Cool, right?
Mitomix is full of flax seeds which are the
richest dietary source of plant compounds that act like antioxidants, lignan
There’s also a whole load of black sesame
seeds and black cumin seeds in there. Black cumin seeds contain thymoquinone,
which searches for destructive reactive oxygen species and free radicals to
protect the body.
It’s the perfect source of plant omega-3 fats
Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to help prevent heart disease and strokes as well as control eczema and rheumatoid arthritis. They also provide a starting point for the production of hormones that regulate blood clotting, contraction, and relaxation of artery walls, and inflammation. High levels of omega 3 fats are found in flax seeds and hulled hemp seeds, both of which are part of the Mitomix family.
It keeps you satisfied for longer
Keeping at a steady and healthy weight is much easier when your body feels satiated after meals due to the fiber content. Adding a sprinkling of this mix to smoothies, salads and even meat marinades (hint: see our paleo ‘breaded’ pork chops recipe) makes food that little bit more filling to keep your stomach happy and your body energized. Plus, a little scoop of this mix contains fewer calories than what you would eat while snacking. The chai Seeds are great in helping you feel fuller longer.
It’s a good source of magnesium
Our bodies need magnesium for so many processes. Regulating blood sugar levels, making protein, regulating blood pressure, metabolizing food… you name it, it needs magnesium. Luckily for us (you guessed it), black sesame seeds are a fantastic source of this all-important micromineral which keeps our bodies in perfect form.
It’s USDA Organic, NON-GMO, Soy FREE, Gluten FREE!
So, it’s clean and primed to help you keep your diet in check!
Even if you’re not following a specific diet, Mitomix Seed Blend is amazing for giving
your body everything it craves in one easy handful. The health of my family is
everything, as I’m sure it is to you too, so keeping stocked up with this mix
is now a complete essential for me. Try it, I’m sure you’ll love it.